Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What happens in Vegas... stays in Vegas!

all because I forgot my camera-Duh!
Amber and I headed to Las Vegas for a wonderful, peaceful, relaxing, non demanding, incredibly fun 4 days! Brent won tickets to see Mamma Mia from a golf tournament (and of course had NO desire to go), so he kindly gave to tickets to Amber and I for our 'Sisters Trip'. Highlights-flying with NO kids, pure amazement by the type of people you see on the Las Vegas strip, laying by the pool on my own terms, MAMMA MIA (fantastic!), dinner with our Dad (he was out in Vegas to playing in a golf tournament- perfect timing for all of us),and lots of serious shopping. We 'Rummage Girls' can shop, we had a great teacher and learned from one of the best-Mom that would be you! We were almost embarrassed as we lugged all our loot to our room. Thank goodness Amber brought an extra large duffel bag. We had an amazing time. It was SO nice to get away from our everyday and leave all our responsibilities at home for Brent and Dan to deal with:) Everyone one survived just fine! But the greatest highlight was being with my sister. Thank you Amber for a great trip, I love you, let's do it again!

7 comments:

Becky Leland said...

Brooke, You and Amber are so blessed to live close to each other - going to Vegas is just an extra treat!

The only thing more dangerous than you and Amber shopping in Vegas is for your Mother to have been there shopping with you two.

Love y'all - see everyone in November.

The Cope Family said...

Brooke I was came across your blog today. It is so cute. I love it. isn't today your birthday? If it is happy birthday.

Becky Leland said...

Brooke, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Love you.

Riley & Savannah said...

Happy Birthday!!!! We need to get together and go to dinner or have a girls night to celebrate! Hope you had a great day! Love ya!

Stacie Cooper said...

Happy birthday Brooke! that sounds like an awesome trip and it was a well deserved break for both of you!

Queen Lisa said...

So Jealous!

Tillia said...

Honestly the best part would be flying without kids.
Sounds great and wish my sis lived close so we could jet off to Vegas. Personally I love Vegas, not great for kids, but fun for me.

and Happy Birthday, glad your husband was listening.