Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Little hints help!

Yesterday was my birthday! I don't know about the rest of you Moms out there, but I think that MY birthday should be as big of a deal as I make everyone elses in my family! Call that kind of thinking whatever, but I think it should be gospel-Mom's birthday is always a BIG deal! So a few weeks before my birthday I started dropping little hints like, not wanting to make my own birthday treat, gift ideas, and having my children be kind and loving all day on my birthday. Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad! Can you even guess which one didn't come true--DUH! Brent and the girls had a cheesecake decorated for me. Perfect for me, because I am not a huge birthday cake fan, and does it get better than cheesecake? Not in our little family.
And this is what I came home to find-my hints had been received! This is what my hints had been about for weeks. Putting it together was a pure nightmare, but Brent never even swore- at least not aloud! Hey that counts, way to go babe!
So the moral of the birthday story, never, ever give up--hints help sometimes.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the cheesecake decorations!!!!! How awesome!! Hope your birthday was even more wonderful than you wanted it to be!! :)
Love ya- Candy

Amanda D said...

Happy, happy birthday! Glad is was good. :)

ferkyfam said...

Isn't it great when your hints are well received?! Now you're going to get skinny? Lucky girl!! I love the cake! Brent did great didn't he? What a sweetie...
Happy Birthday my friend, even if it is a late wish. :)

Jenn said...

Brooke! So good to hear from you on my blog! Definitely let me know next time you're in NYC!! And let's give some love the Chick-fil-a. Hope all is well!! :)

behka said...

Love the cake and go eliptical! Nice work from the fam.

Jess said...

Happy belated birthday!! I'll have to start dropping my own hints, what a great idea!! Glad you got 2 out of the 3!!!