Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Conference weekend creation


'Lacy Bug'- created by Brittany and Paige

I love conference weekend, forl the obvious reasons like much a needed spiritual boost, inspired instruction and direction, refocusing priorities, sustaining living prophets, and etc...., but also for an excuse to have lazy weekend; no commitments, stay in my PJ's all day and just be at home with my family. I prepared for the uplifting weekend by having yummy treats and a wonderful conference packet for kids. ( I was certain this would entertain Paige and Brittany.) Yeah, right!
The packet and treats did serve their purpose, but not for as long as we had hoped. Being at home for 2 days, with Brent and I planted in front of the TV is NOT the most ideal for our children. We came up with as many projects and creations as possible, and a trip to the park between sessions to pass the time. Lacy Bug was the hands down winner, the creators are so proud! (and so were mom and dad for the time it took to create) We enjoyed conference and all the chaos that it involved, and Elder Ballard talk reconfirmed that I have the Best (and hardest) job in the world of being a MOM! I am eternally grateful for the blessing and challenge.

I have repented--3 hours of church on Sunday is NOT a bad time. If we can survive the first hour wrestling match, then we enjoy 2 hours of bliss. I will never complain again.

A side note--- Elder D. Todd Christofferson is a family friend from the time he and his family spent in Charlotte in the early 90's. Great man, good family and now an apostle of God, very exciting!

1 comment:

Graciesmom said...

You are FAR more creative on Conference Weekend than I am! Hope you had a good one :)