Sunday, May 18, 2008

Welcome to the '50's'!

We had a ward 1950's Sock Hop at church, and we had a blast. My calling at church is Activities Chairperson, and I love it! I can always find a reason to throw a party. We had a bubble gum blowing contest, hula hoop contest, dance marathon, 50's guess who? (pictures of ward members in the 50's), guess how many 50's candies, and served root beer floats. It was SO much fun! Our family in the '1950's! Dad was such a good sport. The Fronz would have been proud. The girls said he looked like 'Elvis'.
Brittany in the Hula Hoop contest.

Caroline and Paige strolling with Mom.

Born to 'Hand Jive' Baby!

Brittany and friends in the dance marathon. Melina in the red won!
Brittany and The Bishop!
Paige and Caroline got dancing time with Bishop Taylor as well. We love our Bishop!








6 comments:

Amanda D said...

It looks like such a fun party! And it really makes me miss home. You have the best ward. I'm so glad that you love your calling.

Kerri said...

How fun!! What a perfect calling for you!

Duncan said...

Brook- We had a great time! Thanks for all your work!

behka said...

It looks so fun, sorry to have missed it. But no worries, noodles are ready for tonights big shin dig! Do you ever tire of partying?

Jess said...

This looks so fun!! Love your poodle skirt!! Your girls are darling.

Ry and Heather said...

Shut Up I'm the activities chairperson in my ward here in Clarksville! We so need to get together and...well I was gonna say share ideas but honestly I'll probably just steal all of yours lol that looked like SO much fun though!